Steel Coating Brochure
We enhance part performance through the application of engineered coatings for a variety of industries. Our deep expertise, solutions-driven innovation, and our commitment to collaborative client partnerships make us the preeminent provider of coating application and surface technology solutions.
In the Steel industry, friction, corrosion, abrasion, and other forces constantly threaten parts, which can derail production and result in costly downtime. CTS engineers are experts at analyzing complex problems and developing innovative solutions to achieve and maintain peak part performance — and when parts are performing, your factory is producing.
NADCAP Certified (Coatings, Laboratory, & Chemical Processing)
EVERYTHING YOU NEED
We offer full, end-to-end services. From R&D and engineering to solution development and coating application services — CTS technology can transform operation challenges into enhanced production opportunities.
WHEN YOU NEED IT
We turn around our customers’ parts with unmatched speed, which translates to reduced downtime, increased productivity, and highly satisfied and loyal clients.
At CTS, we only succeed when you succeed — and success is the only option. That’s why the performance and quality of our surface solutions, the level of attentive service, and the measurable value our solutions consistently deliver are second to none.
SERVICES & CAPABILITIES
CTS coating solutions enhance performance and solve problems related to aggressive wear, galling, oxidation, corrosion, and resistance.
- Combustion Wire Spray
- Combustion Powder Spray
- Electric Arc Spray
- Plasma Spray
- High-Velocity Oxygen Fuel (HVOF) Spray
- Spray and Fuse Coating
- On-Site Thermal Spray Services Available
- ID/OD Grinding of Hard Face Coatings
- CNC / Engine Lathe Machining
- Slack Belt Polishing
- Super Finishing Equipment
- Proprietary Methods for Advanced Polishing of TBCs
- 24-Hour Production Laboratory Services
- Custom Gauging and Measuring Devices
- Full Metallographic Capabilities
- Image Analysis for Porosity Evaluation
- Hardness Testing, Micro / Macro
- Tensile Bond Strength
CTS Technology Center
- Advanced Thermal Spray Development
- Custom Material Selection
- New Material Evaluations for Thermal Spray
- Refinement of Thermal Spray Parameters
- Failure Analysis
- In-House Furnace Cycle Testing
- Manufacturability Improvements
- Advancement of Integrated Proces Control
- Part Specific Thermal Spray Development
- FANUC 7 Axis Process Robotic Programming
- In-House Tooling Design and Fabrication
- 3D CAD Design with SOLIDWORKS
- 3D Printing for Tool Prototyping
- Program Gantt Tracking using MS Project
- Dry Film Lubricants
- Anti-Corrosion Slurries and Paints
- Mechanical Removal of Coatings
- Shot Peening
Components We Coat
CTS sprays a large selection of components for the steel industry, including:
- Hot Dip Coating Lines
- Continuous Caster
- Temper Mills
- Furnace Rolls
- Bridle Rolls
- Pickling Lines
- Annealing Lines
- Slitting Lines
- Tin Mills
- Tandem Mills
For your convenience, we have facilities strategically located throughout the United States.
Research Center, Certifications and Approvals
Save time by using our Research Center to view next-generation coating methods and the latest coating technologies. You can also find information about our Facility Certifications and Industry Approvals.
Want to learn more about CTS’ capabilities and coating solutions? Contact us today to consult directly with one of our certified engineers and discover how we can help you attain efficiency, productivity, and protection within 24 hours.